Richard Fischer, CPA, CGMA
Richard Fischer has more than 32 years of experience in audits, reviews, compilations, and internal control engagements in the public, private, non-profit and governmental sectors.
As a managing director, he performs audit and assurance work. His responsibilities include acting as the firm’s technical review partner, assessing the impact of new accounting and audit pronouncements on clients, and developing and presenting training materials. His industry experience includes real estate, manufacturing, construction, wholesale distributors and employee benefit plans.
In addition to his role at O’Connor Pagano, Mr. Fischer is a partner at Forensic Valuation Litigation. He was previously the Partner-in-Charge of the Audit Department at a large regional CPA firm. In this role, he oversaw all audit engagements and audit personnel. Prior to that, he worked for two of the Big 4 accounting firms.
A conscientious professional, Rich seeks to lead by example in a personable and helpful way—he also loves injecting humor wherever possible! He strives to build strong client relationships through explaining and educating. Rich was inspired to pursue a career in accounting by his parents and a couple of his accounting professors. He credits his success in the field to his personable and humorous management style.
Raised in Allentown, Pennsylvania, Rich moved to Pittsburgh in 1985 and resides there to this day. He enjoys Pittsburgh because it offers the amenities of larger cities on a smaller scale. In his free time, Rich likes to hike, swim, and cycle.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Pennsylvania, Hawaii
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)
- PICPA Employee Benefit Plan Committee
- PICPA Peer Review Committee
- PICPA Accounting and Auditing Committee
- PIPCA Construction Committee
- Former chair
- Saint Francis Alumni Association
Saint Francis University
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting (1985)